Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother's Day

My Mother's Day weekend started out by Chris and I staying up all Friday night with the teens for our annual Superama. This year we played miniature golf, went rockwall climbing, skated and bowled. Every year it gets harder and harder to stay awake all night as well as harder and harder to recover the next week.

Sunday morning my Chris woke me up to serve me a cinnamon roll and juice in bed. I ate it and then promptly fell back asleep. However, my getting to wake this little girl up just made my Mother's Day.

After church we attempted a picture - I say attempted because it wasn't the greatest of pictures that came out. Take 1 8 month old, 1 crazy dog, and gale force winds = picture below.

I received 3 flowers representing my husband (red flower) and my two baby girls (yellow flowers) and a Willow Tree figurine. I was never fond of the Willow Tree figurines but every year since Victoria died my friend Wendy has given me one on Toree's birthday. Since then my love for them has grown since each figurine has such meaning. The one the kiddos gave me this year is a mother holding a little child. I love how the child has sorta redish hair like my Elianna.



No comments: