Monday, May 10, 2010

Harley & Me - 8 Months

Well, I haven't quite gotten walking by myself down yet but it won't be long! I am getting braver by letting go with one hand and reaching for something with the other. I know, I've said it before, but maybe next month!

Here is what I'm up to these days!

I am talking a little bit more - mainly just "dada" and "pthhth". But not together because that wouldn't be nice.

My day is basically taken up with crawling around and pulling up on anything and everything. I especially enjoy emptying the diapers out of my diaper bag and dragging them around the house so that they collect Harley hairs on them. The other day in church nursery, there was a diaper left on the changing table and Mommy knew it was mine because there was Harley hair on it. She's not especially proud of that fact though.

My favorite places to hang out during the day are under Mommy desk in the kitchen and the bookshelf in the living room. I've recently discovered how to pull the books off the shelf. Such fun! Papi is glad they are all the books he has duplicates of so he is getting rid of them.

I climbed all the way up the stairs by myself just the other day. Yes, yes, before you all have a conniption, Mommy was right behind me to catch me. I only almost fell two times - both because I turned around in excitement to see if Mommy was still following me. When I got to the top, I was super excited and just waved my arms and smiled! Funny thing was Mommy was half smiling and half cringing. She knows she's in for it very soon!

I haven't changed much in my likes and dislikes. Still not fond of others holding me when Mommy is around and I still love my Harley - he likes to sit beside my high chair so I will share my snacks with him. Although recently I have been not enjoying eating my actual "food" and would much rather just drink a bottle or eat snacks. Whenever I open my mouth to cry, Mommy puts a spoonful of food in. She is a sneaky one that Mommy.

Until next month . . . ~Elianna

No comments: