The past week has been a blur! Chris and I left Friday with the teens to drive to New Hampshire for Snow Camp. Of course that all meant that I had to clean the house, wash all the clothes, pack for us, pack for Elianna, make sure Harley's stuff was taken care of and get some things together for Snow Camp.
Elianna stayed with friend's from church and one of the teachers at the school stayed here with Harley. While I was not at all worried about either one of "the kids", I sure missed Elianna. The Butlers said she was wonderful and is invited back anytime. It was actually quite funny because last night was Guys Bible Study and their son came in and asked if Elianna was asleep. I said she was and then asked why he wanted to know. He said his mom (who was waiting outside in the car) wanted to know so she could see her. How blessed we are that so many people love Elianna.
Harley, however, did not do so well. Although we had someone here to stay with him, he apparently missed us and promptly proceeded to tear up the pillow that Ashley had used while she stayed here. That was Sunday morning. Sunday evening he tore up 3 of Elianna's toys; one of which was stuck in music mode and would not stop playing until Chris stomped on it. Big trouble!
Snow Camp went well although I gave out all of my Tylenol, used all my ice packs, and was glad another leader had brought Pepto. Two girls hurt their knees, one girl threw up, another with diarrhea, others had migraines, headaches and plenty of lack of sleep. At least no one had to be taken to the ER this time. Total side note: I just went back to read about my episode at Snow Camp that year we took 3 girls to the ER for NOTHING (apparently the EMT was cute) and saw this: "Yep, you heard right . . . we are finally moving on Monday!! Our kitchen will hopefully be done within the next month - will get pictures put up as soon as it is complete!" Gave me a good laugh! Done within the next month . . . still laughing! Oh if only I had known it would be 7 months later. I so love my kitchen though! Chris painted the trim while Elianna and I were in Florida. He did a great job and even picked out the color himself! Good job and thank you, my Chris!
Monday Chris was home so we did nothing! Elianna had a doctor's appointment in the afternoon and then we went to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner. Today, however, it is back to the daily grind. Gotta get back "into it".
Here are some pictures of us having fun with Elianna while waiting for the doctor.







2 comments:
Would your Snow Camp happen to be with Chris and Beth Birkholtz? Just curious as I know them and they do snow camps.
that's one thing i miss about lj not being a youth pastor - the trips with the teens. and at the same time (for the medical reasons you listed) i don't miss it either!! bittersweet!
Post a Comment