Friday, November 6, 2009

Harley & Me - 2 Months

Well, I had my 2 month checkup today. When Mommy told me we had an appointment at the doctors, I didn't think anything of it. I've been there several times and the worse thing that had happened was when they touched me with their cold hands. Hello - cold hands are not fun! Anyway, I was in for a huge surprise! I got my first shot. Mommy laid me down on the table with the fun crinkly sounding paper and then bam! My eyes got really big and boy I let that nurse know that I was not happy! I feel asleep on the way home and then drank some milk that Mommy heated up in the microwave for me. She gave me some medicine and now I'm all snuggled down.

Here is what I'm up to these days!

*I weigh 12 pounds 9 1/2 ounces (90%) and am 24 inches long (90%).

*I wear a size 1 diaper but think I could go for a 1-2 size soon.

*I have been starting to make some sounds. Not many but I'm working hard on it!

*I have been sleeping all night!!! Although since the time change I've been getting up at 6 am instead of 7 am, but in the end I win because Mommy brings me in and lets me wiggle around in the big bed!

*I oftentimes breath very shallow (or maybe not at all) while I am asleep so Mommy is in the process of getting an apnea monitor for me that I will have to use for 6 months (more on that in another post).


These are some things I like:

*My warm bath. Aah! I usually cry when Mommy takes me out because I so like laying in there relaxing. Mommy and Papi (that's what I call Daddy) are teaching me to splash with my hands and feet. One day they will regret it I'm sure, but for now we are having fun learning!

*To stand. Not on my own of course and my little legs get tired quickly, but I pop back up just as soon as I have the energy.

*Eat! Well, most of the time anyway. Often times I get all worked up and Mommy and Papi have to stand up and sway back and forth to get me to calm down and then I eat!

*My swing! Usually in the afternoon Mommy sticks me in there to "watch" my Praise Baby DVDs so she can make dinner. I fall asleep most of the time.

*Harley. I have begun to realize there is a big black thing around me named Harley. He still loves to lick me and now I follow the big black mass with my eyes when he walks by me. I think we will be swell friends someday real soon!


These are some things I do NOT like:

*A pacifier. I would much rather suck on my whole hand than have a piece of plastic shoved in my mouth! However, I heard Mommy saying she is concerned about me sucking my thumb. I haven't told her yet, but every once in a while I find my thumb and suck just that.

*Being still. I love, love, love to move! When someone is holding me, I like for them to be up and swaying or walking around. I know when they sit down - no rest for the weary they say!

*A dirty diaper. Wet or otherwise, I don't like it! Now that Pampers has the cool yellow-line-that-turns-blue-when-it-gets-wet feature, it is so easy to tell I need changed! Mommy always says I have no idea how much diapers cost!

*When people say I have a "growth" on my head. I love my flowers and bows! There will be a whole post soon with all my different flowers and bows!


We are going to work on getting the picture a little more the same each month. Now that I can kinda sit up, it might be easier.

3 comments:

momma said...

so cute!! i love the bows and flowers too! we are in the process of getting some made for our little girl :)

HandyFamily said...

Happy 2 months, EJ!

Grape News said...

Good dog Harley! Looks like he made a nice pillow. She's getting so big! Even w/ a bow/flower in her hair do you get asked if she's a girl? Crazy people