Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Tweet Tweet!

Recently I fluttered into the world of Twitter. For those of you going "the world of what?" Here is the wikipedia definition (because we all know that wikipedia is the place to go when you are looking for an answer):

Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that enables its users to send and read messages known as tweets. Tweets are text-based posts of up to 140 characters displayed on the author's profile page and delivered to the author's subscribers who are known as followers.

Basically I write a status of sorts and you receive the status on your cell phone via a text message or you can view it online. For example, here was my "tweet" from this morning:

Anyone want a bipolar dog today who can't decide if he is tired or extremely hyper.

So bipolar. One minute Harley is running and chasing the ball, the next he is so tired he laid down in the yard. Thirty seconds later (because that's probably how long it takes for us to get in the house from outside), he is running crazy in the house. He is now sleeping. I am letting sleeping dog(s) lie.

Back to Twitter. My Chris, who has twitter, also follows several well-known pastors, writers, musicians and friends of whom I would be nosey and see what they had to "say". My initial intention was to simply sign up for Twitter so that I could "follow" my Chris. Now, I occasionally "tweet" and am following several people (I only get 2 peoples "tweets" on my cell phone the rest I look at online) and have a total of 3 people following me.

The point of all this, you ask. Well, the first point and definitely the one with the highest priority is to have the awesome privilege of saying this:

I just blogged about my Twitter.

Am I going to Twitter about my blog? Of course. It will sound something like this:

I am tweeting that I just blogged about my Twitter.

How tech-no savvy does that sound? And now Elianna has a question for you.


Can you believe that bib? Ha! If you twitter and would like to get my tweets, my user id is SunshineBerger.

4 comments:

momma said...

that is a beautiful smile on elianna!! and i love the bib :)

HandyFamily said...

welcome to the twitter world! I tweet a little bit, too! I like following others, and I only have 3followers as well.

Grape News said...

Ben tweets too. so does his mom and sis. You all should hook up and get more followers. Seriously. I can't even keep up w/ my blog right now. Notice we haven't even made it to Magic Kingdom yet.

Grape News said...

and I love her smile!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love to come see her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!