Monday, August 10, 2009

Just Monkeying Around

I guess it is about time to update the bog, huh? I've been a little on the cautious side about blogging recently. Having read recently that "crimes are being committed as a result of people constantly posting their whereabouts on Twitter, Facebook, bulletin boards in grocery stores, or in Thrifty Nickel (who does the last 2?); criminals are using that information to know when the house will be empty so they can break in and rob someone blind", I haven't blogged anything because it, well, it involves my Chris being gone. But I've decided to live dangerously (and if you are a criminal and reading my blog first let me say congratulations - you've stuck through much just to find out that my Chris is gone and second I sleep with a machete under my mattress and may have some other weapons of choice available that I will fail to mention here - let's just define it as "element of surprise.") Whew! That will teach them, huh? Did I sound mean and dangerous enough??? :)

Anyway, Harley and I have been hanging out (no pun intended) this week working on being lazy and also on getting Elianna's room together. We've pretty much got the lazy part down but still have stuff left to do on Elianna's room. Never fear though, it will be done before she comes seeing as my doctor told me this morning to not plan on going early because nothing is going on. Not really what I wanted to hear this morning. Oh well, at least we will have time enough to get more stuff done.

Chris is in Florida along with 11 teens and 2 leaders on a missions trip. They are having a great time down there. They left bright and early Monday morning and arrived in Florida late Tuesday evening. Wednesday they received "training" on how to share the Gospel with others. Yesterday (Thursday) they spent at Busch Gardens - gotta have a little fun after spending 2 days in a crowded van with the thought of 2 more days in the same crowded van in order to get home. Today they were planning on going to a park and share the Gospel with others. Tomorrow they will be at a big car show again sharing the Gospel. After attending church Sunday morning, they will begin the loooong trip home. Then comes the best day!!! Monday!!! The day my Chris is expected home! Harley and I cannot wait! 7 sleeps is a long time to be away from him.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 comments:

HandyFamily said...

love your background! It is really cute. Sorry to hear things aren't progressing too fast. I remember those days well. Hope you are able to get Elianna's room complete.

Grape News said...

You crack me up! Makes me smile when you say "7 sleeps" Brings back memories. hope time goes fast; home Elianna comes sonner than the doctor thinks; hope you get things done. Loves you!

momma said...

you are at the end; i'm at the beginning. i hope your ending comes soon :)