Wednesday, November 5, 2008

You know you're in a redneck church if . . .

1. the finance committe refuses to provide funds for the purchase of a chandelier because none of the members knows how to play one.

2. the preacher says "I'd like to ask Bubba to help take up the offering" and five guys and two women stand up.

3. a member of the church requests to be buried in his 4-wheel-drive truck because "It ain't never been in a hole it couldn't get out of."

4. the choir is known as the "OK Corale."

5. the collection plates are really hubcaps from a '56 Chevy.

6. the bathrooms are outside.

7. in the annual stewardship drive there is at least one pledge of "two calves."

8. high notes on the organ set dogs in the parking lot to howling.

9. the preacher drives his John Deere to church (his truck is up on blocks in his front yard).

10. the final words, of the benediction are, "Y'all come on back now, ya hear!"


Update: My Chris asked me what brought on this post? Well, my last post before this was about the election and I guess I'm kinda being a sore loser although I can claim just wanting something else up on the blog that was a little bit lighter.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What brought this on?

momma said...

i appreciate your humor today. i needed a good laugh!