Friday, September 12, 2008

Not Fair!

FINALLY! It has been an unfair last couple of days. I have watched as everyone else has changed their blog background to these cutie things and here I was blog challenged (thank you prcsteacher for helping!). Oh . . . not only was I blog challenged, I also watched as everyone else took the backgrounds I wanted. No fair! Ok, enough with the complaining! To all my blogger friends - your backgrounds are cute (watch out though I'm taking the cute ones next time!).

Sissy asked me today if my life was ever dull . . . I only wish some days!! Why does she ask such a question? I was telling her about our "other house." Recently we bought a house with the sole purpose of renting it. Our tenants seem to be very nice and are timely with their check - so why am I complaining? Well, last Friday I got a phone call saying that the toilet was leaking everywhere and had leaked through the ceiling into the kitchen. So, being the great landlords that we are Chris headed over there to find out the problem. He wasn't able to fix it totally on Friday so Saturday morning we head over there to fix the problem. As he is fixing the toilet, I am dry-vacuuming it up [Insert very gross smell here - don't ask what exactly I was vacuuming up just know it was not good]. On with the story . . . the toilet had to be lifted up because something was clogging it up. What, oh what could it be? A chicken bone??? (Ok who flushes a chicken bone down the toilet - for that matter who eats a piece of chicken on the toilet???). Yes, a chicken bone but yet it gets better. After flushing the chicken bone - and it getting stuck - they decide to flush approximately half (by the looks of it after it was pulled out) of a hair weave. Yes, the hair weave got caught on the chicken bone and totally clogged the toilet. That sentence just doesn't even sound right. Happily we can say that the toilet is all fixed and we have informed the tenants to please not flush any more chicken bones or hair weaves down the toilet. The only thing left to do is fix all the water damage.

No, my life is not usually boring.

5 comments:

Grape News said...

Nice. :) Now once you have kids and your life is even more boring, you can remember back to your exciting days.

momma said...

that rates up there with our sewer leaking into the flower bed at our house - there's a post coming up about that!

Jessie said...

Oh that sounds awful Lisa!! Hope that never happens again.

And p.s.--I think your blog is cute too! ;)

Wendy said...

Cute background :) This is actually the same one I am using!

Amber Wright said...

I love your blog background!! :) Very cute. What a story. It sounded like an awful couple of days, but I loved your story-telling!! :)