Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Hope everyone's July 4th was fun and relaxing! Chris and I slept in and then worked on the house a little. We then went to a bar-b-q for all the deacons and pastors. While there Chris played cornhole. Couple of things about cornhole: 1. Chris loves to play this game 2. He has actually made a couple of the boards 3. He wanted me to post the link to watch the cornhole song on you tube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io8X4pz_QJ0) 4. He said that cornhole is the fastest growing backyard sport in America. It takes some practice - I didn't do so well when I played it for the 1st time today. Chris did well when he and Pastor Walker teamed up and played. While at the picnic I played bocce ball - also for the 1st time. It was very enjoyable. Sorry no song to watch about bocce ball. :)

Cornhole board ^

Bocce Ball ^

Hamilton's fireworks were last night - that way they don't have to pay overtime for the holiday work. They were pretty good - actually I didn't really watch them. We were sitting with some teens and the trees were sorta blocking our view so all in all I missed most of them. Oh well.

Next week begins our 2 weeks of VBS. This year we will again have the go-karts and new this year we will have a large slip-and-slide since our theme is "God's Big Backyard." Tomorrow Chris is going out to test the slip-and-slide and the go-karts. :) Not sure what the Little Man and I will do - maybe play in his little pool. Enjoy the long weekend!

Happy Stars & Stripes Day!

No comments: