Monday, February 17, 2014

Valentine's Day 2014

I have been MIA due to a stomach virus as well as a cold that seems to be hanging around for now 2 weeks.  It's been great fun!  However, we did have a great Valentine's Day!  {Yes, I'll come back sometime and finish Christmas}

Chris took off from work for Valentine's Day and I am so glad he did!  Our day started out with Chris making us German Pancakes as requested by Elianna.  Topped with Nutella and strawberry jam - hello! Valentine's Breakfast at its finest!


And then this happened after breakfast....

After a couple quick stops, we headed to Golden CO for some family fun.  It was still a little on the chilly side, but we enjoyed walking around Clear Creek History Park.  You know lunch tastes just a little better on a picnic table made out of old logs so that you feel as though you need to eat and then go pluck a chicken to eat for dinner {except not!}.  Chris and I both unknowingly packed a special dessert to go with lunch - chocolate covered strawberries and dark chocolate covered peanut clusters.  

Chris teaching Elianna the fine art of eating chocolate covered strawberries



She (obviously) loves getting her picture taken with these guys






Dinner was our all time favorite meal - meatloaf, scalloped potatoes, green cauliflower and finished off with no bake nutella cheesecakes {from MelsKitchenCafe.com}.

Oh!  And I can't forget that I received some beautiful tulips from my Chris and a little monkey and some candy from both Chris and Elianna.  Once again, I gave Elianna little presents {thank you after Christmas sales!} and Chris cheesy notes for the 14 days leading up to Valentine's Day.  



No comments: