There is a perfectly good reason why nothing has been updated for a week. The title of this post: PreK. It all began when I looked at her supply list and saw backpack on the list. No biggie, right? Until I went to the store and realized that vinyl easy to tear backpacks are $30 for a cheap one. What?!?? No way! That's when this came into play:
For someone who only started to sew in December of last year, this was a pretty big task especially when the tutorial said that it was not for beginners. But why should I pay that any mind? It did not turn out perfect which is a tough thing for a perfectionist to say. The zipper is a little cattywampus but ah well. Elianna likes it and that's all that matters.
Last week was full of supply shopping, uniform shopping, nap skipping, backpack making, meeting the teacher and a back to school meeting. Throw in the fact that I came down with a killer cold over the weekend and it has been crazy around here!
Elianna goes to school Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons which explains the nap skipping. So far it's been tough but I'm hoping that her little body gets used to it ... and soon!
Yesterday was the big day! Chris was at work in the morning so Elianna and I started the day out by going to Lamar's donuts and Starbucks for breakfast. I figured the newness and shyness she always has at first would counteract the sugar high I put her on at breakfast. Worked like a charm!
Chris was able to meet us at school and so the two of us walked our little girl to her room. The teacher had given all the parents an extra 15 minutes to come and get their kiddos settled into the new class. We didn't need it! While I was introducing Chris to her teachers, Elianna put up her backpack, walked right in the room without looking back and made herself at home in the reading circle. We never even told her goodbye.
Apparently she had a good day. She said she played, ate a snack, and didn't learn anything. Ah yes! The time old answer of not learning anything. They learn that early. The one thing she did tell me about her day was that her teacher told her "no dilly dallying". No surprise there! She has my very southern roots of moving at a slow pace.
Welcome to PreK little girl. Our prayer is that you learn much not only about letters and numbers but also about God and His love for you. We also pray you learn about sharing with other kids and learning to problem solve in situations. Mommy is glad for 9 hours a week to grocery shop and clean the house ... alone!








No comments:
Post a Comment