Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Vacation 2013 {Part 2}

Rehearsal Day = a day just as crazy as the wedding day. 

Friday morning we headed to Columbus Farmers Market with the idea of getting a super delicious Amish breakfast. Unfortunately, we were still lagging (really don't understand why) and didn't make it there on time. I'm not really sure what else happened during the day, but I remember running around trying to get some stuff done right before the rehearsal. It was a dash to Office Depot and then back to get changed and rush, once again, out the door. For Chris' first wedding as "officiant", he did a marvelous job! He was a groomsman, officiant and wedding coordinator. Everyone was surprised it was his first wedding because he was so organized and thorough. I was even surprised!

Lauren (bride-to-be) is a Dr. Seuss fan so for the rehearsal, we had Dr. Seuss vows Dave (groom-to-be) repeated. He struggled a bit seeing the screen since he vainly doesn't like to wear his glasses. They are a bit long, but I thought they were cute.


Chris: Will you answer me right now
These questions, as your wedding vow?

Dave (Groom-to-be): Yes, I will answer right now
Your questions as my wedding vow.

Chris: Will you take her as your wife?
Will you love her all your life?

Dave: Yes, I take her as my wife,
Yes, I'll love her all my life.

Chris: Will you have, and also hold
Just as you have at this time told?

Dave: Yes, I will have, and I will hold,
Just as I have at this time told,
Yes, I will love her all my life
As I now take her as my wife.

Chris: Will you love through good and bad?
Whether you're happy or sad?

Dave: Yes, I'll love through good and bad,
Whether we're happy or sad,
Yes, I will have and I will hold
Just as I have already told,
Yes, I will love her all my life,
Yes, I will take her as my wife!

Chris: Will you love her if you're rich?
Or if you're poor, and in a ditch?

Dave: Yes, I'll love her if we're rich,
And I will love her in a ditch,
I'll love her through good times and bad,
Whether we are happy or sad,
Yes, I will have, and I will hold
(I could have sworn this has been told!)
I promise to love all my life
This woman, as my lawful wife!

Chris: Will you love her when you're fit,
And also when you're feeling sick?

Dave: Yes, I'll love her when we're fit,
And when we're hurt, and when we're sick,
And I will love her when we're rich
And I will love her in a ditch
And I will love through good and bad,
And I will love when glad or sad,
And I will have, and I will hold
Ten years from now a thousandfold,
Yes, I will love for my whole life
This lovely woman as my wife!

Chris: Will you love with all your heart?
Will you love till death you part?

Dave: Yes, I'll love with all my heart
From now until death do us part,
And I will love her when we're rich,
And when we're broke and in a ditch,
And when we're fit, and when we're sick,
(Oh, CAN'T we get this finished quick?)
And I will love through good and bad,
And I will love when glad or sad,
And I will have, and I will hold,
And if I might now be so bold,
I'll love her my entire life,
Yes, I WILL take her as my wife!

Chris: Then if you'll take her as your wife,
And if you'll love her all your life,
And if you'll have, and if you'll hold,
From now until the stars grow cold,
And if you'll love through good and bad,
And whether you're happy or sad,
And love in sickness, and in health,
And when you're poor, and when in wealth,
And if you'll love with all your heart,
From now until death do you part,
Yes, if you'll love her through and through,
Please answer with these words:

Dave: I DO! 



Rylan (Ring Bearer) and Elianna (Flower Girl) 

Marriage certificate signed! 
L to R: Chris, Shaun (Best Man), Dave (Groom-to-be), 
Lauren (Bride-to-be), Beth (Maid of Honor) 


I believe I gained at least 5 pounds at the rehearsal dinner with a potential to gain 15 more. It was good good Italian food. First it was bread, and garlic knots, then came a salad, then antipasto, then vodka rigatoni, then chicken park, tilapia, cheese stuffed eggplant rolls and grilled vegetables. We ended our feast with cake and a fresh fruit salad. Oh my!

Lauren (Bride-to-be) and Elianna

"Davey Chowda" (Groom-to-be) and Elianna

I had volunteered to make food for the bridal party for the day of the wedding. The guys were going out for breakfast and the girls were having breakfast provided at the hair salon, but nothing was planned for lunch. With the wedding at 1pm and the reception not until 4pm, I knew food was needed so, of course, I volunteered. I mean, what else did I have to do? Therefore, when we got home (late) from the rehearsal dinner, I had food to make. I had tried to pick easy to make foods, but at midnight, you wonder why you didn't pick something easier. Thankfully, Chris and Nana stayed up to help me make the food. We made (first two on a stick for easy to eat in a fancy dress consumption): melon and proscuitto, caprese bites (tomato, fresh mozarella cheese and basil), veggies and dip (in a cup), and cream cheese sugar mints. I am so thankful for their help! I was even more thankful I had decided to simply have stuff for sandwiches for the guys. No prep there!

No comments: