I haven't done very well in 2013 have I? Ah well... We are busy - very busy - here. In addition to finishing the Advent Calendar posts (old old news), there is Toree's birthday to post, Elianna's karate accomplishments and very soon (as in next week) Chris and I's getaway to Estes Park.
Usually I update the blog on Sunday afternoons but this past Sunday ended up being a bit crazy! The leadership team for Wellspring met here at our house bright and early at 6am for breakfast. So up early was I to get breakfast ready. I made {Click below to see recipes}
Overnight oatmeal
-Ended up pretty good if you ate it right away. As with any oatmeal, the longer it sat there the mushier it got.
Bacon Egg and Cheese Ring
-Mine looked nothing like the beautiful picture but tasted good nonetheless.
While the men talked things over, Elianna and I hung out in my room doing what we like to do best. Elianna played games on my phone and I slept. It was the perfect arrangement.
Then it was off to church in a rush due to cleanup after everyone left. Originally we were going to have friends over for lunch but it got canceled last minute due to one family dealing with a dying nephew and the other family dealing with a cranky 4 year old. After church the same 2 families decided to get together for dinner that evening instead. That then turned into 2 other families being added to the dinner and as we stood there talking it turned into 4 families going to lunch (neither of the original 2 but 2 that we would be seeing for dinner later that evening) because it was late and we were hungry. All in all from the time we left for church that morning, we were only home 1 hour until 10pm that night. Thankfully that 1 hour was the time slot that Caleb was getting baptized (or bapapatized as Elianna says it). Thank you also to Sissy in reminding me so I wouldn't miss it!
So there you see why I didn't have a chance to update. Marvelous excuses! (For some reason Clarabell Cow's voice was saying "Moo-are-ve-lous!" while I typed that. It's the brain of a mom with a 3 year old) Truth be told, it probably won't get updated next Sunday either. -Sigh which turns into huge yawn and zzz....
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment