skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Unfortunately for Elianna, I am not one for crafty things. I don't mind them but always think of some reason to not do them with Elianna. I hate the smell of play dough. Markers don't come out of clothes very well. And painting is just so messy. Well, I am trying - for Elianna's sake - to move past all of those things so that she can enjoy doing little kid things like painting. So after a quick trip to the Dollar Store, I bought some watercolor paints. Huge Big step for me!
After I covered her little table in trash bags and then covered Elianna with a trash bag, I handed her a brush and told her to go at it. She loved it! I stood back and tried not to freak out. She loved it! We wrote her name, drew a turtle, a cow and just had fun together.
My new phrase is "It's just one vacuum (or wipe) away from clean." Still not sure if I am ready for the play dough yet. It smells so terrible. And apparently is so fun to play with. Maybe next year week.
1 comment:
Look up Jello playdough on Pinterest (see my pin "my kids' fun"). Takes a lot of cream of tarter, but it smells good. Maybe EJ won't want 10 flavors like my kids did and it won't be expensive. Probably should store in the fridge as ours molded after a while.
And I'm right there with you on the messes.
Post a Comment