Since moving out here to CO, I have realized that "the thing" to do here is run. Running has never been my thing, but I have begun to embrace the challenge. Just when I think it's going pretty good, I get my very first running injury. Thankfully we have 2 physical therapists in our church. Last night I saw both of them.
Oh, just so you know what we are dealing with here. It's something with my foot. It hurts so terribly bad where I end up limping. I have no idea what exactly it is to be truthful.
My first "visit" was to Becca's house where she massaged and poked and prodded my foot and leg. She doesn't believe it to be a stress fracture which is a good thing. She also recommended that I go check in with physical therapist #2.
So Elianna and I headed over to Praise Band practice to see Jeremy, physical therapist #2. After practice, we all headed over to his house where he stuck needles deep into my foot. Oh the pain! The initial pain was the shock from a teeny needle being poked into my foot. The secondary pain was the most painful because after the needle was in my foot, he had to push it past all the "padding" (I'm sure there is a technical name) that's on the bottom of your foot straight into the muscle. Oh no - it didn't end there. Once the needle was in my foot muscle, he jiggled it up and down and all around. And as if that wasn't enough, he pulled and pushed and poked at my leg and foot.
Needless to say I am sure hoping that it worked because I don't want to go back for more needles. Yikes!
Did we have a boring week here on the home front? Why yes we did. How could you tell? Oh, the talk about feet and needles gave you the first clue. Clever Watson. Very clever. Here's to better feeling feet and more exciting things to talk about soon! Pictures of Elianna also make up for the super boring talk - of that I am sure!
Oh, just so you know what we are dealing with here. It's something with my foot. It hurts so terribly bad where I end up limping. I have no idea what exactly it is to be truthful.
My first "visit" was to Becca's house where she massaged and poked and prodded my foot and leg. She doesn't believe it to be a stress fracture which is a good thing. She also recommended that I go check in with physical therapist #2.
So Elianna and I headed over to Praise Band practice to see Jeremy, physical therapist #2. After practice, we all headed over to his house where he stuck needles deep into my foot. Oh the pain! The initial pain was the shock from a teeny needle being poked into my foot. The secondary pain was the most painful because after the needle was in my foot, he had to push it past all the "padding" (I'm sure there is a technical name) that's on the bottom of your foot straight into the muscle. Oh no - it didn't end there. Once the needle was in my foot muscle, he jiggled it up and down and all around. And as if that wasn't enough, he pulled and pushed and poked at my leg and foot.
Needless to say I am sure hoping that it worked because I don't want to go back for more needles. Yikes!
Did we have a boring week here on the home front? Why yes we did. How could you tell? Oh, the talk about feet and needles gave you the first clue. Clever Watson. Very clever. Here's to better feeling feet and more exciting things to talk about soon! Pictures of Elianna also make up for the super boring talk - of that I am sure!







1 comment:
Wow! Sounds painful!! Hope it heals quickly for you!
Post a Comment