Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Victoria Michelle

There hasn't been much to blog about lately. Most of you receive our email updates but wanted to sort of have our memories "on file." Here is the latest update about our Victoria.

Lisa and I want to begin by thanking all those who are receiving this directly and indirectly for their prayers. It is extremely comforting to know that we all believe that God is able to heal. I pray that we would all be as prayerful when everything seems "hunky dory" in our lives as well. These times, when we learn to trust God and see His hand, mean little if we forget them and the lessons learned when the storm clouds are gone.

We had an appointment this morning with Dr. Fischer our high risk perinatologist. He gave us the same prognosis, that Victoria will die. He was not willing to go with the within 2 weeks range that Dr. Johnson at Children's Hospital gave us, but nonetheless he concurred. Thankfully and prayerfully Victoria Michelle had a normal heart rate. He indicated that the fluid is everywhere (stomach, lungs,extremities) except there is no fluid around theheart. That doesn't mean much because of the amount of fluid everywhere else (especially the lungs).

God has been more than gracious. Lisa and I have decided that even having Victoria for 23 weeks (tomorrow) is a gift from God. We may never know why He has brought us through this storm in our lives (we may see things that figure into the whole work of God), but Victoria is a real baby that Lisa and I have bonded with; we love her and will continue to love her. Certainly and understandably so, there is much pain and grief. There are times of hurt and there are times of joy. We would never have imagined feeling so weak, however, I would never wish to go through a situation like this without being able to be weak and let God, not just be strong, but be God. It is more than trusting God, but it is LEARNING to trust God. We can't trust Him in newer and deeper situations than we've ever been in. Our prayer is that in the midstof tears and weaknesses you might find HOPE as we are continually learning to, where Jeremiah found hope: "This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope. Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. 'The Lord is my portion,' says my soul, 'Therefore I hope in Him!' The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one should hope and wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord." Lamentations 3:21-26

Trust in Jesus to make it through any and all storms of life, He was on the boat with the disciples and He is still in the boat with you.

Victoria Michelle Promersberger
Ours, but for a Moment,
God's Forever

No comments: