Monday, March 9, 2015

Buttons

In the evenings, Elianna and I read various books.  We recently read a book (thank you, Grammy!) entitled "In Grandma's Attic".  It tells the story of a young girl who asks her grandma to tell her stories from when she was growing up.  Several of the stories involved looking through a button basket and hearing a story based on those buttons.  Elianna enjoyed the button stories the best and was continually asking if the next chapter involved grandma's buttons.




One night I decided to get out my button jar from Grandmother's house.  Elianna thought it was the neatest thing to do.  She sorted and re-sorted and combed through them.  She found 3 buttons she like the very best and asked me to put them on her sweater.  




I wish Grandmother had been there to tell us some of her stories that go with those buttons.



No comments: