One reason, well really, THE main reason for no postings lately is "the boys". Two weeks ago 2 boys (they are both 21 years old but boys will be boys so therefore they are referred to as "the boys") moved into our basement guest room. They come from Mitchell Berean Church in Mitchell NE and are here to help us with CrossPointe. I guess technically it is being called an "internship" but I like to think of it as cheap labor. I feed them and they help us with church things and the occasional yard work. Win win right there!
For the last 2 weeks, we have all tried to get accustomed to our new family dynamic. Otherwise known as they need jobs so I can have my house back to myself during the day. One of the boys got a job but has not started yet while the other is still looking. (Please find one soon!) They honestly aren't super noisy or anything during the day but I just don't feel like I have "my house" to myself and I miss that! We joke with them and call their room The Bat Cave since it's dark down there and they spend most of their time down there playing video games. We are trying to find that fine fine line between: You are old enough to do what you want AND Stop playing video games! It's a hairline line.
They are great guys and have not only been a huge help to Chris but also an encouragement since he does not feel so alone in this thing called beginning a brand spanking new church. This past weekend, 30 young people from Mitchell Berean and Frontier School of the Bible (in LaGrange WY) also came down to help us pass out flyers and magnets door to door in part of our neighborhood. That was also a huge huge help!
Prayerfully, this coming Sunday we will begin a Bible study on Who Is Jesus? at our house. The group handed out flyers inviting people to come. It will be interesting to see just how many people show up. Interesting and scary!
And just because no post is complete without a picture of this crazy kid!
Monday, September 29, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment