Monday, February 6, 2012

Saturday Sledding

This past weekend we got approximately 19 inches of snow. It is supposed to snow tonight into tomorrow but as of now we have nothing new. Still lots of "old" snow. Lots.

Chris gave our cars "snowhawks."

Saturday after it actually stopped snowing, we decided to venture out for a walk. Well Chris and I walked, Elianna rode along in her sled. We didn't get far before Chris suggested we go sledding. There is a huge hill over by Lowery Air Force Base that is great for sledding.

After we bundled everyone up (except Harley since he had cut his leg on a rock while running around in the snow), we headed over to "the hill." I about used up all my energy just walking through the knee deep snow just to get to the base of the hill. Then we had to actually climb up the hill. When I got to the top, I decided I was only going to sled down the hill once. There was no way I could climb back up again. But I did. Again and again. Because it was a ton of fun! First Chris and Elianna went down. Then Elianna and I. Then just Chris. Then just me. Then all 3 of us on the sled to end our afternoon. That last ride was a good one! We had snow rushing into our faces while we raced down the hill at neck breaking speed. It was fun!

"The Hill"



I can't wait until Harley's leg heals up so he can go along with us. He would absolutely love it! Plus as an added bonus, he would be exhausted for 3 days straight!

Who knows, if we end up getting more snow, we may just have to head back on over to "the hill" for more sledding fun!


Chris and Elianna holding hands in the truck

2 comments:

the zipfs said...

Elianna is so adorable! She's snow chic! Sounded like a fun and memorable day! By the way, have you ever heard of a thing called snowshoes? Makes walking in that much snow so much more enjoyable!

Praying for you guys!
Kim

Wendy said...

Adorable photos, precious memories!