Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Love of the Lord Endures

I woke up this morning with this chorus running through my head. As it kept running over and over, I was reminded of the verse I had chosen for this year. "Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, for His steadfast love endures forever!"

This year has been rough there is no denying that, but I have to keep reminding myself that "no matter what this new year brings I can rest assured that God loves me in the midst of the best of circumstances AND in the middle of a rough and tough situation." That is a sentence I wrote at the end of 2010. Unfortunately, lately it seems that there have been more of the rough and tough situations. And just as I know God loves me even in the hardest of times, I need to continue to love Him even in the hardest of times.

That all being said, there is so much to catch up on. As I have said before, I am working and we have no internet connection except for if I am tethered to my Chris' phone. As romantic as it sounds to be "tethered" to my Chris, it is hard to find the time when we are together, when he is not using his phone, or when I am not exhausted. So today I sit in Panera Bread on my day off trying to play catch up.

Chris has been great staying home with Elianna this summer! It has been awesome to watch her become a little daddy's girl! Their relationship has certainly blossomed over the course of the last few months. Chris has been busy with setting up appointments and traveling sharing our vision of church planting in CO. God has blessed us with many to partner with us. We are so humbly thankful for them.

About 10 years ago between my junior and senior year of college, I came and lived with Grandmother here in PA. That was the first time I worked at Oak Grove Farms. This summer I am back at the same produce farm. So many people ask me what exactly I do. Thankfully I am not in the fields picking the produce but instead get to work in an air conditioned store where the produce is sold. We sell not only produce that is "homegrown" (grown there on our farm), "local" produce (grown in the PA area), but we also have a bakery and also milk, eggs, some meat, etc. Usually I work 7 am - 3 pm with the exception of Saturdays when I work until 4 pm. I'm supposed to have 1 day off (besides Sunday) but with vacations and many of the workers going back to college, I usually work 6 days a week. They are long days, but for the most part I enjoy it. I'm just so very thankful that there is a place that I am able to work ... and get to wear these beautiful tie-dye work shirts.

No comments: