Friday, May 1, 2009

What's in a name?

Small Fry has a name! Her name is Elianna Joele.

Elianna means "the Lord has remembered."
Joele means "God is sympathetic."


Before I was even pregnant, I had seen the name Elianna (spelled Elyana) and had mentioned that I liked it to Chris. At the time, he wasn't even thinking names so he didn't comment either way. Well that name has always been in my head but thinking he must not have liked it, I tried to think of other names. Then Saturday night Chris told me he had thought of names and hoped that I liked them because he really did. When he told me the name Elianna, I was so excited! Although he doesn't remember me telling him that name way back when - it is so cool! We both thought of the same name for her! He picked out the middle name, Joele - what a great choice too! So we now have Victoria Michelle and Elianna Joele.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

That's a beautiful name Lisa!! :)

lottfam said...

I love names with meaning. We had looked at Tyler for a boy's name when Makenna was born, but it means "tile layer". Woohoo! I'm glad we had a girl.

I'm sure she'll be beautiful just like her mommy and sister. Will you call her Ellie?

momma said...

i love it! absolutely beautiful name!!!